Element_85's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Element_85, Apr 18, 2019.

?

Element_85's Staff Application

1. Thumbs up

2. Thumbs down

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Element_85

Element_85 New Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username: Element_85

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): N/A

• What's your timezone?: CST

• Are you staff on any other servers?: Nope

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: I do have a microphone, Sbognar#8238

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yessir

2) Elaborate

3) How much are you active on MeteoriteMC?: Never, I am not whitelisted

4) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: A few hours daily, or to the best of my abilities.

5) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): N/A

6) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I would warn him after gathering sufficient evidence, and if no change happens, I would kick him for spam/not following staff rules.

7) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: I made a mistake by accidentally messing up GUIshops+ config up, and I solved it by stopping at nothing to fix my mistake and eventually got it back up and working. I made sure that I didn't ruin something and do nothing about it.

8) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words): I have been an administrator or many servers in the past, mostly small except my most recent server that had shut down due to personal issues with the owner. I was also partly a developer, fixing and or configuring plugins when needed. I was a trustworthy admin who could be expected to go above and beyond. I amazing at being good at doing my job but also being the admin that everybody wants to be around and friends with. I always make the deadlines and never settle for just okay. I take pride in my work and make sure that all lower level staff are not abusing and are putting in the time they should, and watching to see if they are doing their job. I never have and never will abuse because that is unfair to the legit players, which also brings me to my next point, which is I always look out for hackers. Hackers make the server less fun for everybody, and I know how to deal with them. I always make sure that they get the punishment that they deserve. I can keep the chat from becoming toxic or too vulgar while allowing them to have fun.

9) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I play basketball on an AAU team, I practice every Monday and Thursday, from 7:30 to 9:00. We also occasionally have tournaments on the weekend.

10) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: First, I would watch the supposed hacker, and record any possible evidence, and if I think he is hacking I would proceed with action or call on another staff member to help. Then I would check whoever says the music is being blasted in their channel, and tell whoever is blasting the music to please quiet down and if they do not heed I would call on somebody who could deal with him more appropriately if I couldn't.

11) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: I would say that it was an honest mistake, take action to correct it, and if they continue to spam I would warn them all before muting them.

11) Anything else we should know?: You should pick me because I am a hardworking and trustworthy administrator who can keep a calm and nontoxic chat. I have lots of past experience and I know how to mute, ban, and kick players to the necessary time. I am also a skilled user with plugins, and I have worked on my past servers and help them grow a nice, fun community. I can do my job and also be the most fun administrator to be around. I also like to keep players from hacking, because I think it ruins the aspect of the game and playing unfairly against others who don’t have hacks. I can handle any stressful situation by working through the issues by myself or help with a team. I will never give up and I will always find a way to complete the task on time, even if it involves lots of stress. I am an experienced administrator because I have been admin on many past servers, where I had to deal with hackers, spammers, and toxic players. I can keep the chat calm and players from hacking.

2. GamingTrollers

GamingTrollers New Member

Hello @Element_85, First off I would like to thank you for applying on MetoriteMC! I see you've put a lot of effort into your application and by the looks of it you've had a lot of moderation chances.. However you haven't been active on the discord and I would love to see you chatting more on there. I'll directly message you on discord about your availability for a interview, please note you are now in the interview stage so try your best to be as active as possible!

- Owner/Staff Manager:- SketchyAI